Achilles tendonitis is a term which is associated with the Greek hero of the Trojan war in the Greek mythology who was known as Achilles. In actual fact it is the inflammation of the Achilles tendon due to overuse injury which is very common to young people and especially to sportsmen and athletes. The Achilles is the link between the heels and the very powerful muscle in the body. This therefore places it in a weak position such that any strain or stretch will definitely cause an inflammation in this region.
In the following article we have reviewed the best running shoes for achilles tendonitis out there.
Best Running Shoes For Achilles Tendonitis 2018
|#1||Asics Gel Nimbus 18|
|#2||Mizuno Wave Prophecy 4|
|#4||New Balance 980 Boracay|
|#5||Asics GEL-Contend 3|
- Reviews & Buyers Guide To Best Running Shoes For Flat Feet
- A Complete Guide To Best Running Shoes For High Arches
- Buying Guide Best Running Shoes For Wide Feet
- Review Of The Best Best Trail Running Shoes
- A Complete Guide To Best Merrell Running Shoes
Asics Gel Nimbus 18
Mizuno Wave Prophecy 4
New Balance 980 Boracay
Asics GEL-Contend 3
What Causes Achilles Tendonitis?
- Foot problems – these may be as a result of flat or hyperpronated feet (feet that turn inwards while walking) which causes strain to the heels.
- Footwear – Minimal support are great strains to the heels and result into Achilles tendonitis. Proper fitting running shoes should be used to prevent the condition from occuring
- Overweight and obesity – this causes a lot of strain to the body including the heels.
- Quiolone – this is a drug which is associated with inflammatory tenosynovitis affecting both sides of the feet.
- Sudden increase in training or hill running which increases the chances of muscle overuse injuries
- Arthritis – the disease might be part of arthritis
- Too much tightness of the leg muscles, calf muscles as well as the hamstrings
When buying running shoes for achilles tendonitis runners, the following are things to consider:
- There is a direct relationship between Achilles tendonitis and footwear to the extent that running shoes that are not fitting to the feet have a higher probability of increasing the chances of getting this condition. Correct fitting footwear prevent one from getting this condition by keeping the feet comfortable and reducing the strains that are a major cause to this condition. They also go a long way in helping persons with this condition to slowly recover from it by not exerting unnecessary strain on the overuse injuries and by ensuring a balance in terms of weight exertion.
- They will also prevent re-occurrence once healed because of the comfort they offer the feet and a good weight spread which does not exert pressure on the muscles in question Therefore as a guideline it is important for those with this condition to buy running shoes with correct fitting as those with incorrect fitting will give you reverse results.
- Correct fitting running shoes here does not necessarily mean the correct shoe size and width but also one with a correct arch, firmness, heel height, height and cushioning. This will work whether he is recently healed of the condition or he is still recovering. Worn-out and ill-fitting runnig shoes must be gotten rid off because they are not firm and could aggravate the situation if not checked. The correct height is not too high like high-heel or too low because both actually create strains and stretches on the Achilles.