If you’re a runner with flat feet, you are well aware of the struggles finding the right running shoes. Right?
If you have pain in your feet or ankle points, it is likely that you have flat feet. An arch creates a curve in the middle of the foot. The ligaments and tendons in your feet help form this arch. Since your feet support your entire body and when these tendons and ligaments weaken it puts weakens the arch.
This condition is known as flat feet.
Usually, this occurs due to result of collapsed arch. When you are standing, the sole of the foot do not touch the ground. But when you have a flat foot, the sole of your foot touches the ground. With the fallen arch, ligaments and tendons weaken, thereby causing excruciating pain in the lower leg muscle, ankle and feet. This condition can also give rise to discomfort on your lower back and hips as well as cause weakened posture.
To help you find the right shoes, we have reviewed the best running shoes for flat feet on the market today.
Best Running Shoes For Flat Feet 2018
|#1||Asics GT 2000 3|
|#2||Brooks Beast 14|
|#3||Asics Gel Kayano 21|
|#4||New Balance 940v2|
|#5||Fila Interstellar 2|
- Reviews & Buyers Guide To Best Running Shoes For High Arches
- A Complete Guide To Best Running Shoes For Wide Feet
- Buying Guide Best Trail Running Shoes
- Review Of The Best Best Merrell Running Shoes
- A Complete Guide To Best Fila Running Shoes
Asics GT 2000 3
Brooks Beast 14
Brooks Beast 14 is actually considered to be the king of motion control running shoes because of its’ great cushioning and maximum support. They are especially beneficial to the severe overpronators. (Overpronation is excessive rolling of your foot inwards when the outer part of your heel hits the ground). They make sure that you’re able to control the running shoes when running; this is very important when it comes to avoiding accidents.
Asics Gel Kayano 21
The Gel Kayano 21 are the lightest Kayano runnning shoes. They have great cushioning, thanks to the new 2 layer midsole foam design. With the new additions to both comfort, cushioning, and sockliner, these superb running shpes continue to make great advancements in regards to stability. As far as stability goes, the Gel Kayano are the best running shoes in the Kayano series. They offer more cushioning and creates 40% more bounce back. With its’ new lighter fluid ride midsole and gel cushioning, they are designed for long distances. Along with top notch upper technologies to make sure a fit that’s customized to your feet, the Kayano provides a very luxurious stable ride all through.
New Balance 940v2
Thanks to the New Balance 940v2, being flat footed will never again be a hindrance to your running performance. These running shoes feature advanced support and premium cushioning which helps overpronators clock in much more miles when training. In regards to comfort, they offer plush softness. It also doesn’t compromise on style or performance, which makes them ideal running shoes for both casual and fitness purposes. They have a very sturdy construction, yet it feels lightweight enough. The 940 offers great stability. Its’ mid sole and out sole platforms consist of N-ergy cushioning, Ndurance outsole, Acteva lite, T-Beam shank, stability web support, N2 cushioning technology and stabilicore, which ensure the runner is stable when training. They greatly reduces the risk of imbalance and slippage, making it ideal for both professional and casual runners.
Fila Interstellar 2
The Fila Interstellar 2 is one of the most coveted names in running shoes. They have creatively engineered features which maximize your performance and offer many advantages to all types of athletes, especially the overpronators who want a flexible ride without compromising on support and cushioning. They also very light and weighs at 10.4 ounces. Its’ platform is a bit wide which gives the runner more motion controlling foam under the pronating foot. The forefoot overlays are welded on instead of stitched, which reduces the chances of irritation and hot spots.
What Are Flat feet?
If you have pain in your feet or ankle points, it is likely that you have flat feet. An arch creates a curve in the middle of the foot. The ligaments and tendons in your feet help form this arch. Since your feet support your entire body and when these tendons and ligaments weaken it puts weakens the arch. This condition is known as flat feet. Usually, this occurs due to result of collapsed arch. When you are standing, the sole of the foot do not touch the ground. But when you have a flat foot, the sole of your foot touches the ground. With the fallen arch, ligaments and tendons weaken, thereby causing excruciating pain in the lower leg muscle, ankle and feet. This condition can also give rise to discomfort on your lower back and hips as well as cause weakened posture.
What Causes Flat Feet?
- Family history- one of the main reasons is family history. Some people believe this condition runs in the family.
- Injury- broken bones in the feet or a sprained ankle can also give rise to this condition.
- Arthritis- some health conditions such as arthritis.
- Ruptured tendon- Tibialis posterior or ruptured tendon is another important cause. Apart from this, stretched tendon also often causes this condition.
- Shoes- wearing ill fitted or uncomfortable running shoes that don’t have proper arch support.
- Nerve problems- people suffering from certain types of nerve problems
- Wear and tear or aging- Because the years of using the feet to run, jog or jump might take a toll on it. In fact, the posterior tibial tendon might become weak or it might become inflamed. After the tendon gets damaged, the arch shape becomes flat.
When buying running shoes for flat feet runners, the following are things to consider:
- There are about 20 to 25 percent of people across the world who suffer from this condition. Due to this reason they are not able to wear all types of running shoes since it increases the discomfort. Buying the right ones will not only reduce the chances of injury, but will also provide good support to the feet.
- The first and the most important guideline for picking up running shoes for people with flat feet is understanding the feet. The arch present inside the foot acts a shock absorbing device.
- You need to pick up the right size. Since discomfort can simply increase the problem for these people, try to buy a pair that fits well. This means, it should not be too tight or too loose.